1. Your contract is with the party(s) named as the HIRER in the Booking Form.
2. Any reference to “we”, “us” in these Terms and Conditions shall mean the HIRER. Any reference to “you”, “your” in these Terms and Conditions shall mean the HIREE. References to “Venue” in these Terms and Conditions shall mean the venue specified in the Booking Form.
Making your booking
3. Any booking made with us is provisional and not legally binding on either you or us until a contract is entered into.
4. A contract is formed by you signing the Booking Form and returning it to us at [email protected]. Receipt by us of your deposit in full is a condition precedent to the formation of any contract.
5. The deposit payable on booking is non-refundable. The amount to be paid and how to pay will be set out on the Booking Form. Deposits must be received within 7 days of signing the Booking Form.
Payment of balance
6. The remaining balance of your booking is due for payment no later than twelve weeks prior to the date of your event.
7. We appreciate that on occasions someone else (such as a parent) may wish to make payments on your behalf. We are happy to accept such payments, but please note that unless we agree otherwise with you in writing you are legally responsible for any payments due to us.
8. All prices are inclusive of VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date the contract is formed between you and us and the date of your event, we will adjust the VAT you pay (and hence the overall price of the booking), unless you have already paid all fees in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
9. We shall provide you with the use of the Venue on an exclusive basis and the goods and services set out on the Booking Form on the agreed date(s).
10. Unless agreed between the Parties it is your responsibility to book the Registrar/celebrant for your wedding. We advise you to book the Registrar/celebrant as soon as possible after you have received our confirmation of booking.
11. All drinks and food must be paid for separately unless otherwise agreed and stated on the Booking Form. You are welcome to use third party caterers/bar services however, any third party companies must carry suitable insurances and licensing or they will not be permitted entrance to the Venue.
12. The Venue does not include furniture, styling etc. These service can be purchased separately from us and the extent of these services, products etc will be mutually agreed between the parties and included on the booking form.
13. You must comply with and ensure that your guests comply with our HOUSE RULES (set out in Appendix 1) and all of our reasonable instructions intended to ensure the safety of property and/or people at the Venue.
14. You must provide your guests with such information we may reasonably request regarding arrangements to be followed at the Venue (for example, in relation to car parking, alcohol and finishing times for music and entertainment).
15. Any damage caused to the Venue, its equipment, contents or fittings (including any hired goods) will be invoiced directly to the couple immediately after the event.
16. We reserve the right to stop any activity which we reasonably believe is likely to cause damage to the interior or exterior of the Venue or to risk the safety of people at the Venue, and we will not tolerate any abusive behaviour by guests to any other guests or member of staff. We reserve the right to remove any persons acting inappropriately from the Venue.
17. Details of third-party suppliers we provide to you are intended to help you in arranging other services to be provided in connection with your wedding. If you do engage these or any other third-party suppliers, we accept no responsibility for their performance of services and you should take up any complaints with them directly. You are also responsible for paying their charges directly. We reserve the right not to allow into the Venue any third-party suppliers who do not meet our requirements intended to ensure the safety and welfare of property and people at the Venue.
Cancellation and moving the date by you
18. If you want to cancel a confirmed booking, you must do so in writing as outlined in paragraph 40. We will then contact you via email to confirm receipt of the cancellation request and confirm any monies owed to us.
19. If you wish to move the date of your wedding we endeavour to do so however in the event that it is not possible the cancellation charges will remain payable. If it is possible to move the date for you we will require the full balance of the booking paying before the change of date is confirmed.
20. We will use reasonable endeavours to “re-sell” the date to another couple. However, you must pay us any losses and costs we suffer because of the cancellation which were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, whether or not we are able to resell the date. Depending on when you cancel, the cancellation charges you must pay shall be determined by reference to the table below. We will tell you the exact cancellation charges once we know whether or not we have been able to resell the date, and you must pay the charges within 20 working days of our invoice.
We strongly advise all couples to purchase wedding insurance to assist you with this matter should the occasion arise.
Cancellation by us
21. We reserve the right to cancel your booking without liability to you and without any obligation to refund your deposit if:
(a) you do not pay us the balance of your wedding package price by the date due for such payment; or
(b) we have reasonable grounds to believe that you may not pay us the balance of your wedding package price by the due date and we have requested you to explain the position and you have not done so satisfactorily; or
(c) we discover, before you have paid the balance of your wedding package price, that you have deliberately concealed information, or deliberately given us incorrect information, about your intended wedding in circumstances where (if you had not done so) it would have been reasonably foreseeable that we would not have accepted your booking; or
(d) we have reasonable grounds to believe that your behaviour or that of your guests at the wedding is likely to result in damage to the Venue or to our property and/or injury to people.
22. If we cancel your booking under paragraph 21, you must pay us any losses and costs we suffer because of the cancellation which were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, whether or not we are able to resell the date. Depending on when we cancel, the cancellation charges you must pay will be determined by reference to the table set out under paragraph 20 above.
Events outside our control
23. Except as set out in this paragraph 23, we shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to the Venue, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water). In these circumstances, we shall use every effort to notify you as soon as is reasonably practical. If, as a result of such events, we believe we have no alternative but to cancel your booking, we shall endeavour to help you find an alternative venue of a similar standard for a similar price but our sole liability to you shall be to refund you any money you have paid towards your booking.
Limitation of our liability to you
24. Subject to paragraph 25, our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to the total amount of money payable to us for your wedding package. We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach of statutory duty or negligence on our part.
25. Nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
Changes to the Venue and/or booking
26. We reserve the right to make changes to the interior and/or exterior of the venue between the time we accept your booking and the date of your event. For example, we may make changes to the décor and colour, and we cannot guarantee that the venue and its surrounds will be free from additional structures (such as scaffolding).
27. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that no components of your booking have to be altered. However, as a plan for your event is normally put together a long time before your scheduled date, we reserve the right to make changes to certain components if this is necessary to comply with safety requirements or other changes in law or relevant codes of practice, or to make other minor changes which we reasonably believe will not be to the detriment of your overall experience.
28. We will notify you of any significant changes covered by paragraphs 26 and 27, but unless the change is one which is likely to fundamentally change the nature of your wedding experience we will not offer a refund, costs or compensation.
29. No accommodation is provided unless specified on the Booking Form. If accommodation is requested the full price will be payable even if it is not used.
Set-up, deliveries and appointments
30. Set-up and deliveries for weddings are between 12.00pm and 4.00pm on the day prior to the event unless prior arrangements are made with us direct. Collections are between 9:00am and 4.00pm the day after the wedding unless by prior arrangement. Appointments for viewings must be made in advance including at weekends.
31. Unless otherwise specified on the Booking Form the bar must close at 11.00pm. Music must cease by 11:30pm. All guests should have left the premises by 12.00am unless accommodation has been booked with us. Taxis and other transport should be arranged accordingly, prior to the event.
32. Final numbers are to be confirmed 7 days prior to the event to enable the setup of chairs and tables.
33. The Pagoda in which the Ceremony is held and anything within the Pagoda must be of a non-secular nature and not reflect religious beliefs unless otherwise agreed by us in advance. Smoking or the consumption of food is not permitted before or during the ceremony. Guests should be advised to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to the Service.
34. We do not accept responsibility or liability in respect of loss or damage to vehicles or personal effects belonging to you, your guests, entertainers, caterers or any third party during the period of hire.
Period of Hire
35. You will have access to the Venue from the date and time mutually agreed between the parties and specified on the Booking Form for the period of hire also set out and agreed on the Booking Form. If no time of access is specified on the Booking Form, access will be provided from 2PM.
We ask that all belongings are removed from the Venue by 12.00pm on the final day of hire. Any belongings remaining after this time, without prior permission, may be discarded.
36. Any contract may only be amended by the mutual agreement of the parties in writing.
37. Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the contract.
38. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under our contract with you to another person without our prior written consent, which we will not withhold unreasonably. We can transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under the contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights under these terms.
39. No person who is not a party to our contract with you shall have any rights under or in connection with it.
40. All written communications by you to us must be sent by e mail to [email protected] (or to such other address that we may notify to you). We may send written communications to you at either the e mail or postal address set out in your booking form.
41. These terms shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
APPENDIX 1 – HOUSE RULES
We want you to enjoy your time with us and whilst in general we will leave you and your party in peace there are some important rules that we need all guests to abide by.
The Lead Guest(s)+ and entire booking party must take full responsibility for themselves and all children, other guests, external caterers, dogs and all visitors that come onto the farm at all times and agree to ensure that everyone entering the Venue is made aware of these House Rules:
- Our Venue is a working farm so please ensure children and dogs are supervised at all times
- There is to be no smoking in the barn or any of the bell tents (if provided).
- The fire pits are to be used safely and monitored at all times by an adult. The last person using the fire pit must check and make sure it’s extinguished before going to bed or leaving it. If it is to be left unattended please warn other guests. Children must be supervised at all times, remember to keep the fire small. There must not be any other fires elsewhere, small BBQs are fine if raised above the grass, and please never put them in your tent or too close.
- Please make yourself aware of the location of all fire extinguishers, meeting points and exits. If there is a fire, evacuate your tent immediately, leaving your belongings, raise the alarm to passing tents and ring the fire bell, meet at the safety point to call the emergency services.
- Please keep tents at least 6m apart from each other
- There is a wooden swing that you may use, but please note that this is at your own risk – be aware it may be in use when walking the site and keep children out of its range.
- Please leave the area as you found it. We provide waste facilities (a general bin, and glass bin). Please bring your own bin bags to take all your waste to the Bin area and separate clearly into the proper bins. We reserve the right to charge for any extra time we have to use to clear the site if this has not been done
- All guests and visitors agree to use the whole site peacefully and abide by customary standards of acceptable behaviour
- Only the Lead Guest and any other guests stated on the booking form are allowed on site overnight.
- While you will have exclusive use of the Venue you will allow us unhindered access to the Venue at all times to make any necessary repairs or alterations, receive deliveries, and provide services or in case of an emergency.
- Amplified music is only allowed with our prior approval and at agreed times.
- Due to safety issues and insurance Fireworks are only permitted with our prior written permission. Sparklers are permitted; however, we do not accept any liability for any injury caused using sparklers. Sparklers must be discarded appropriately. Chinese Lanterns are not permitted.